jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2013

Portfolio # 11: Metacognitive analysis: my writing so far.

Portfolio # 11

Metacognitive analysis: My writing so far
The ability to write well organized paragraphs is something really difficult to achieve, but I think I am in the way of doing so. At the very beginning of the year, my writing was not well organized. For example, I did not have an idea of what a thesis statement was and where it had to be located. As another example, I did not know the structure of a paragraph, so I just wrote whatever without following a particular organization. As still another instance, I used to use few linking words, what made my texts not only confusing but also looking simple and not academic. Undoubtedly, a couple of months ago, my writing were disrupted as well as meandering.
Theory worked in class during this time, definitely helped me a lot to write in a better and more academic way. Firstly, I felt a bit confused because of all the new concepts and steps to be taken into account at the time of writing properly. Secondly, I realized of my lacks and mistakes in my texts. Finally, I began to take into consideration the theory in order to write in a more controlled and intellectual manner. Clearly, theory has affected my present pattern of writing.
My writing has incredibly changed since the beginning of the year but I still think I am in the middle of the process to write perfectly. Before, I used to write feverishly, excitedly, without following a particular structure. By the time, I consider I write reflectively, which means that I not only think a lot before writing something, but also I take into account the theory studied. Some time ago, I used to write without paying much attention to vocabulary. Now, by contrast, I try to vary my language, searching for synonyms as well as antonyms in order to avoid repeating words. Evidently, my writing has favorable changed but I feel I must continue writing in order to improve this skill.  

New lexical item in my writing:
Disrupted:
 1. to cause disorder or turmoil in: The news disrupted theirconference.
2. to destroy, usually temporarily, the normal continuance or unityof; interrupt: Telephone service was disrupted for hours.
3.
to break apart: to disrupt a connection.
adjective
4.
broken apart; disrupted.

Meandering: Usually, meanders. turnings or windings; a winding path orcourse.
5.
a circuitous movement or journey.
6.
an intricate variety of fret or fretwork.

Incredibly: 1. so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.
2.
not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book isincredible.

Feverishly: 1. having fever.
2.
pertaining to, of the nature of, or resembling fever: a feverishexcitement.
3.
excited, restless, or uncontrolled, as if from fever.
4.
having a tendency to produce fever.





5 comentarios:

  1. metacognition is "cognition about cognition", "thinking about questioning","knowing about understanding", turning into "aware about one's recognition" and higher-order dissertation service - dissertation company questioning skills. ... metacognition can take many forms; it includes knowledge approximately when and the way to use specific techniques for studying or for hassle-solving.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. majority of the student writers reviewed what they had learned, offered support for portfolio choices, and supplied information In my fitness machines guide classes, I have incorporated reflective exercises, but the results have not been.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks for sharing this piece of information. I really enjoyed it. keep up the good work and all the very best of luck! Joker Crocodile Coat

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks for sharing such an great article with us. I really enjoyed your post. Please keep sharing more.. Silicon Valley Jacket

    ResponderEliminar